CRM Construction Inc is a Construction Company in Orange County that has worked for 45 years over and in that time has come up with a few ideas that can make your construction green. One has to agree that over the years, pollution has caused us to contemplate and double check our choices in day to day decisions. Be it plastic or eco-friendly gardening equipment, we individually try hard to not affect the environment from our side. However, as more number of industries, vehicles, demands increase, so does the pollutants. This will someday lead to laws that demand greener investments in your property. The days are not far away as many have already started preparing their houses with environment-friendly aspects. One can always look out for more such options that can help them live a greener life. After all, the lifestyle is not only beneficial for nature and earth but also for you and here is how:
- You reduce your carbon footprint.
- You save a lot of money on the monthly energy bills.
- You can help others be greener and save energy.
- The money you save can take you on a long vacation or can be spent on the gift you wanted for Christmas.
Going green is not even difficult; it is one of the most cost-effective ways. The biggest way to go green is to have a green construction. One can always go over the below-given points before working on the construction of your home.
- Location: Pay heed to the kind of location you choose. It should take care of aspects that affect your bills in the long run. Like getting a property that is not prone to earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunamis. Or buying a place close to the grocery and supermarket so you don’t take out your car every time you have to get the butter. Also, try constructing the house in any direction but West. It reduces sun exposure thus helps in cooling the house.
- Think small: In terms of the house, if you want a greener lifestyle, the way is to get a small house which is eco-friendly and is easy to maintain. This way you save the energy required to heat up and cool down the house every now and then. This also decreases environmental impact on your part. If you need to extend owing to some relatives coming in, make preparations to accommodate them accordingly.
- Energy efficient equipment: Every equipment that has an energy saving label is the one to buy. It saves energy and cost in billings. Smart consumers today prefer the products because they save a lot of energy bills. Make your construction green by buying this equipment.
- Proper Insulation: Insulation is responsible for keeping the heat and cool air in when needed. The air should not somehow leak otherwise it wastes a lot of energy and costs. The ducts and insulation on the windows are the ones to be looking out for. Heating and cooling in your house take up most of the energy costs and proper insulation will bring down bill numbers.
- The 3 R’s: Reduce the consumption of products that cause problems for nature and are not environment-friendly. Recycle the products that can make good additions to the house and can be used in alternative ways. Reuse these products so that you don’t have to buy redundant and unnecessary items.
- Use green building materials: If your goal is to build a green home then take care of the materials that are used in building your home. This drastically reduces the impact your construction has on the environment. Materials used for the windows insulation, roofing, cabinets, cupboards and anywhere that can have the scope of reducing impact should be used. Materials like recycled plastic and lumber, cork, linoleum, bamboo, recycled glass and more can be used.
- Solar Panels: Solar energy is one of the cleanest forms of energy there is. The panels use technology that traps heat energy from the sun and converts it into electricity. The panels are very expensive at first but the overall money you save on the energy cannot be ignored. As long as the location and direction of the panels are right, it can save you lots of green notes.
- Rainwater Harvesting system: Getting something like this installed in your home can help save water that is sent from the freshwater reserves through pipes. All you need to do is install an RO filter to keep water safe and healthy for consumption. The rainwater is as fresh as any water can get. Installing one such system on the terrace and open spaces in your backyard is easy.
- Eco-friendly lighting: Using LED and CFL bulbs can help you save money on energy in the longer run. These are expensive at the first glance but save energy more than the traditional incandescent bulbs. Light up your house with a green bulb.
- Get the best HVAC system: The HVAC system of your construction needs to have less than 10% of leakage. The ducts must be small and the wiring must be airtight so that it saves energy. Ensure that it is optimally installed to perform to its full potential.
A number of people every day are moving towards greener solutions to reduce their carbon footprints, save money and have less impact on nature. If a majority of us start doing the same, there is a good chance of significantly reducing pollution levels and improving quality of life on earth.
CRM Construction Inc. is a construction company with 45+ years of experience in construction field. We build medical rooms, manufacturing facilities, factory planning, tenant improvement, architecture, repairs, maintenance and we remodel offices. With years of experience and number of projects, we have gained crucial insight in the construction domain.